If you have not yet completed the Barnstable County survey regarding priorities for newly available federal funds, you can still do that until tomorrow, February 4. See the information below.
The Barnstable County Commissioners Office will hold a public comment period through Friday, February 4, 2022, for residents of Barnstable County and stakeholders to provide input and feedback on how the county’s ARPA funds should be allocated.
Please share your comments with us in one of the following three ways:
- Click here https://forms.office.com/g/zPczsLxhhbor scroll down to complete an online survey.
- Call and leave a voicemail with comments by calling 508-556-4733.Voicemails may not exceed 3 minutes.
In order to avoid duplicate responses, the respondent’s full name and address must be provided with any comments in order for them to be considered.
Eligible Use Areas:
Below are the eligible use areas for Barnstable County’s allotment of ARPA funds.
Note: These are listed in order of priority, as approved by the Barnstable County Commissioners on November 10, 2021.
- Invest in water, sewer, or broadband infrastructure.
- Fund public health system costs associated with the COVID response, and other costs and related capital investments necessary to strengthen the public health system of the County and its towns.
- Fund projects targeting the negative economic impacts of the COVID pandemic on households, small businesses, non-profits, impacted industries, and disproportionately impacted communities.
- Fund proposals to replace lost public sector revenue; Provide premium pay to employees providing essential work during COVID-19.
We are grateful for your feedback and look forward to advancing priorities with the help of these funds to benefit the residents of Cape Cod in the years to come.